[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 09:25:48 UTC 2007

--- John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> It was
> ignored seventeen years
> ago
> when it was published and it's ignored today; and
> with good reason.

Not having tried to replicate their results myself, I
can't tell you if they are right or not. But Gregor
Mendel's work was also highly criticized, ridiculed,
and essentially ignored for almost forty years. Then
some twenty years after his death, he became an
overnight sensation and his paper formed the
foundation of modern genetics. The knowing of nature
is not a popularity contest but sometimes science can
be.

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison