[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Jan 23 21:35:04 UTC 2007

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> This confirming work was all done by 1994/5

That was over a decade ago! In the meantime scientists have weighed the
neutrino, measured the distance to the moon to a fraction of an inch, and
discovered that the universe is accelerating; but they still can't confirm
this "confirming work", they still can't detect the heat from those stupid
bottles.  Don't you find that a little strange? I said it before I'll say it
again, High School Science Fair Experiments.

So, what will be the state of cold fusion research a decade from now? I will
tell you, it will be identical to ESP research, a few on the fringe will
claim to have made wonderful progress, real scientists will get on with
their lives, and a article favorable to cold fusion or ESP will still not
appear in Science or Nature.  I could change the word "decade" to "century"
and I would not need to change another word.

>  It's politics, not science as we would wish to know it

Yea yea yea, I know, there is this big conspiracy; but the truth can't be
kept hidden forever. Come on Damien make a stand! Will an article favorable
to cold fusion (or ESP) appear in Science or Nature in the next year or will
it not? I say it will not, if it does then you're a better man than me. So
Damien what do you say?

  John K Clark