[extropy-chat] Education monopolies [was: Education in 2030]

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Sat Jan 27 22:12:30 UTC 2007

The issue with Wikipedia is that random people can edit it and insert
incorrect information.  The incidence of this is low but not zero,
and I bet the error rate in Wikipedia is higher than in conventional
encyclopedias.

If I were a professor these days, I would allow students to cite
Wikipedia as a general principle, but ask them to cite more reliable
sources for highly critical pices of information...

-- Ben