[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Mon Jan 29 22:53:48 UTC 2007

It may be possible that impurities in the test materials or water are what
makes the experiment irreproducible.

One would expect the more professional the lab the purer the ingredients so
the tighter tolerances on the materials could be preventing the reaction
from taking place.

Don't forget it only takes a small amount of impurities in substances to act
as a catalyst or alter their behavior at the atomic level.

Also the reaction may be probabilistic in the sense that the impurities
enabling the reaction are so dilute as to make the results occur for a very
short time and the impurities then may be rendered inert by the reaction
itself.

And then again if the government did discover this, and the potential for
misuse as a weapon was too great, do any of us doubt that they would do
their best to suppress the technology from prevent the research into from
being made credible.