[extropy-chat] transhumanism=doomsday cult b.s?

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 09:05:58 UTC 2007

Hi Kevin,
note that you frames these statements with negative wording, but each
one can also be worded positively. Example (same order - I just
filtered out the noise):

A movement of free thinkers.
A realistic option for an afterlife, compatible with scientific knowledge.
Calling the world's attention on potential risks.
Options to improve our bodies and minds.
Transcendence enabled by science and technology.
Desire for a better world.
Taking the best ideas on the future seriously.

Yes - all these things are elements of transhumanism.

G.