[extropy-chat] Coin Flip Paradox

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Jan 31 16:08:48 UTC 2007

[Top-posting since it would be confusing to attempt comments within the
farce below.]

Gordon, in real life I'd expect Jef to consistently refer you back to
the principle that equivalent states of information yield equivalent
properties (and likely mention the relevance of limited context in any
real-world scenario of decision-making.)

The scenarios contributed by Stuart are very much to the point and
should be helpful.

As to your scenario of the possibly bent coin, it should be helpful if
you would imagine how you would bet if your survival depended on
minimizing the error magnitude of the subsequent trials and you weren't
allowed to claim "no information, so no bet."

- Jef