[extropy-chat] transhumanism=doomsday cult b.s?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Jan 31 16:42:54 UTC 2007

At 01:45 AM 1/31/2007, Kevin wrote:

>tell me if I'm wrong but:

Questioning motivations is welcomed, but please do a bit of research
first.  I believe all of your questions, or most of them, have been asked,
written about and available for public viewing on the web and in print
form. If would be far more advantageous for you, as a sceptic, to delve
more deeply into the subject matter and provide some succulent questions
which we can chew over.  Otherwise, the questions are soggy and tasteless.

>feel free to go off like a firecracker, I'm clearly trolling. as a
>wannabe-sceptic with a history of gulliblity I'm trying to sound out
>some querulous(possibly pernicious) points that inquire as to the
>nudity of our little extropian emperor...

If you want to take  practical, position to prove or disprove transhumanism
rethink your questions.  They appear to be biased and I think you might
benefit from objective questioning.

Best wishes,
Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Design Media Artist - Futurist
PhD Candidate,
<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/researchcover/rcp.asp?pagetype=G&page=273>Planetary
Collegium
Proactionary Principle Core Group, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy
<http://www.extropy.org/>Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller