[ExI] BLINDSIGHT

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 18 00:45:19 UTC 2007

Jef writes

> At 02:17 PM 7/17/2007 -0700, Lee wrote:
>
>> I got halfway through "Blindsight" (before giving
>> up on it), and it went on and on and on and on and on in
>> the most mystifying way possible underscoring over and over
>> how nonsensical and bizarre the aliens seemed to be.
>
> Blindsight and blind-spot.  The gods must be laughing just now.

Jef, would you please stop.

Please stop attempting to prove---using every device you seem
to be capable of thinking of---that I have blindspots, or that I'm
dumb or whatever it is?

Now you've co-opted a perfectly innocent thread to meet your
agenda.  Please refrain from these slights and attacks.

You have *no* idea how I read SF, why I read SF, how much
time I spend reading SF, and have (besides all that) no idea what
my tastes are.  Please stop groping for more proof that I have
a blindspot.  For your information, the answers are:  I spend
about an hour per week on SF these days, reading just a very
few pages--if that--at a sitting.  I believe (but don't really know)
that I read it for pure entertainment and emotional release, not, as
in the old days, in search of some little philosophic gem that had
escaped me.  I happen to vastly prefer total clarity (as in chess,
for example) and don't happen at all to like obscurity (as in bridge,
for example). There is no accounting for taste.

But above all,  LAY OFF.  I have had more than I can take.

Lee