[ExI] no sarcasm intended

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed Jul 18 08:30:04 UTC 2007

An off-line correspondent wrote me tonight to comment
on my "daydream":

> In my daydreams of one day being resurrected by
> advanced nanotechnology in the year 2061, I fully hope
> to have a vastly intelligent robot (real or uploaded)
> at my side who can guide me in my decisions.  "Uh, you
> might not want to mess with
> that right now, Lee, while your IQ is still less than
> 200 and your hippocampus has not been adequately
> augmented. Recall what your friend Stathis was talking
> about back in 2007?  He was quite right."
>
> Now, that is sarcastic humour! LOL

Well, it was *not* meant to be sarcastic in any way whatsoever.

I'm very sorry if I've given any offense here, because there was
no intention in any way, shape, manner, or form for that to be
any other than a clear confirmation of what someone was
saying (I think Stathis) that we would always be wise to proceed
with great caution when being augmented!

Lee