[ExI] The Anticipation Dilemma

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:19:13 UTC 2007

> > I can't really arrive at a fully consistent position. It appears that
> > not only are my feelings about death and survival not rationally
> > justified, but they cannot be rationally justified, however I look at
> > it. The only position free from contradictions is to say that death
> > and quasi-death don't matter at all, and I'm really prepared to say
> > that.
>
> You really *are* prepared to say that death (and the weaker
> quasi-death) don't matter, or was the word "not" left out?
> That seems to be taking all this philosophy stuff a bit far!

Oops, I did leave out the "not". However, I will say this: I am
considerably *less* worried about my death as a result of these
philosophical considerations than I was between the ages of about five
and eighteen, when the thought of having no further experiences was
utterly terrifying.

--
Stathis Papaioannou