[ExI] "Up against the warming zealots"...hmmm

Elaa Mohamad emohamad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:00:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:20:17 +0200, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> How about we just seize this huge opportunity (when was the last time
> everybody was interested about the environment?) to get away from burning
> dead dinos?

When was the last time everybody had a reason to be interested in the
environment?

> We certainly do have the money to burn on frivolous war-making.
> So if we want to make it happen, we can.

Do you really believe that? If so, _how_ do we make it happen?

>Do we want to make it happen?

I believe the right question to ask is: How do we ensure the
discontinuation of current practices will bring about more benefits
for the decision makers (resources, power, etc.) than simply
continuing the dead dino burning extravaganza.
Mind, the motivation doesn't have to be only positive reinforcement -
if the decision makers see they are losing on the polls or their
accountant frowning... Well, they'll move one way or another. And as a
poet said: "Change is good for any of us."

Eli