[ExI] france again

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Jun 3 06:22:12 UTC 2007

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:42:12AM +0200, Amara Graps wrote:
>

>> Europeans were only slightly less productive than the Americans.
>>

> Nobody can tell me they can work at full concentration 12 hours
> straight. The effective work done would be somewhere in 7-8
> hour range. So why spend these unproductive hours at work,
> when one could spend them in a much nicer environment?

I have worked at full concentration for such stretches.  It used to be a
lot easier to do so though.   If I try it for too many days straight I
feel like my head is going to explode and I become irritable  and get
into my "commander in an air raid" mode.  Not pleasant.

I habitually demand more than 8 hours of productive work a day of
myself.  Fortunately not all effective work requires my full concentration.

- samantha