[ExI] Looking for transhuman art

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Jun 3 06:57:52 UTC 2007

From: "Samantha Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>

> Do any of you have recommendation for transhuman art.  Not originals as
> they would likely blow my budget but I am looking for such to decorate
> my office  (a real office, private, with a door yet) at work.   Thanks
> for any leads.

For non-original art:  My advice would be to buy one or two books on art
with a "futuristic"/"transhuman" theme(s) or "robotic"/"nano" theme(s) - and
just cannibalize the books (tear out the pictures) you like ... then frame
the pictures professionally (that will be the biggest expense - but good
framing is worth it).

Original art, however, doesn't have to be too expensive.  For example, eBay
has artists who do work on commission, and art students also would be a good
source.  You explain what you would like - they interpret on canvas.  Maybe
there are people on this list who are arty and would do something like ...
work on commission for you.

Or else YOU try your hand at it.  What does transhumanism look like to you,
Samantha?  Now, sketch it out or paint it ...!

Olga