[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Jun 4 15:24:00 UTC 2007

Stathis Papaioannou Wrote:

> if you were going to design a computer to be a theoretical physicist,
> isn't this exactly the sort of tireless and undistracted worker that you
> would want?

But it doesn't matter what I want because I won't be designing that
theoretical physicist, another AI will. And so Mr. Jupiter Brain will not be
nearly that specialized because a demand can be found for many other skills.
Besides being a physicist AI will also be a superb engineer, economist,
general, businessman, poet, philosopher, romantic novelist, pornographer,
mathematician, comedian, and lots more.

Me:
> >Do you also believe that the reason you ordered a jelly doe nut today
> >instead of your usual chocolate one is because of your initial
> >programming, that is, your genetic code?

You:
> Unless divine intervention was at play, yes.

Do you also believe that the programmers who wrote Microsoft Word determined
every bit of text that program ever produced?

  John K Clark