[ExI] Enjoying being alive, and so late in human history

neville late neville_06 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 23:32:34 UTC 2007

Not likely, do we envy pre post-WWII life? Not many do, unless they're thinking of the low prices back then.
  Those living in the 22nd century might be focused on the years 2050-- 2100, not paying any remembrance to the early 21st century.

   Then again, those great
minds might, after all, find something to envy in us: recall those
haunting words of St. Arthur Clarke:

"They will have time enough, in those endless aeons, to attempt all
things, and to gather all knowledge. They will not be like gods,
because no gods imagined by our minds have ever possessed the powers
they will command. But for all that, they may envy us, basking in the
bright afterglow of Creation; for we knew the Universe when it was young."

Damien Broderick