[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jun 5 09:09:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:07:24PM +1000, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

>    Not if they develop resistance to the molecular manufacturing or

You cannot develop a resistance against nonbiology anymore than
you could develop resistance towards living in molten pig iron.

There are no features you could raise antibodies again.
There are no toxins which would work. The system is not working
with enzymes. In a pinch, they would just scoop you up and pyrolyze
you.

>    whatever it is; they do so to everything else, and they are doing so
>    at an rate more than matching our accelerating production of novel
>    antibiotics, for example.

They still haven't figured out how to survive sterilization,
which is far far more trivial to do.

>    Either human-level intelligence is very difficult for evolution to

Of course it is, just look at the night sky, and you will immediately
see it is very difficult.