[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 6 05:40:07 UTC 2007

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou

> Suppose your goal is to win a chess game *adhering to the rules of chess*.
One way to win the game is to drug your opponent's coffee... Stathis
Papaioannou

As an interesting sideshow to the current world championship candidates
match, the two top commercial chess programs will go at it starting tomorrow
in a six game match.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/11/AR2007051102
050.html

It would be interesting if Lee Corbin or other extropian chessmaster could
look at the games afterwards and figure out which of the games was played by
computers and which by humans.  I can't tell, however I am a mere expert,
and this only on good days.  This is a form of a Turing test, ja?