[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:04:24 UTC 2007

Weapon design is not merely an intellectual problem, and neither do
> theoretical physicists operate in complete detachment from the empirical
> folks. I.e. the sandboxed supergenius or braindamaged idiot savant is a
> synthetic scenario which is not going to happen, so we can ignore it.

It might not happen with humans, because they suffer from desires, a bad
temper, vanity, self-doubt, arrogance, deceitfulness etc. It's not their
fault; they were born that way. But why would anyone deliberately design an
AI this way, and how would an AI acquire these traits all by itself?

--
Stathis Papaioannou