[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Jun 12 05:35:17 UTC 2007

Stathis Papaioannou Wrote:

> There won't be an issue if every other AI researcher has the most basic
> desire for self-preservation.

I wouldn't take such precautions because I believe them to be futile and
immoral, am I really that unusual?

> If the AI's top level goal is to remain your slave, then it won't by
> definition want to change that top level goal.

Gee, I can't understand why today's programmers whiting operating systems
don't just put in a top level goal saying don't let their machines be taken
over by hostile programs. Computer security problem solved!

> do you think even God almighty could convince you by argument alone
> that 2 + 2 = 5?

No of course not, because 2 +2 is in fact equal to 2 and I can prove it:

Let A = B

Multiply both sides by A and you have

A^2 = A*B

Now add A^2 -2*a*B to both sides

A^2 + A^2 -2*a*B = A*B + A^2 -2*A*B

Using basic algebra  this can be simplified to

2*( A^2 -A*B) = A^2 -A*B

Now just divide both sides by A^2 -A*B and we get

2 = 1

Thus 2 +2 = 1 + 1 = 2

  John K Clark