[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:51:30 UTC 2007

>    There are also examples of entities many times smarter than I am, like
>
> Superpersonal entities are not smart, they're about as smart as a slug
> or a rodent. Nobody here knows what it means to deal with a superhuman
> intelligence.
>
> It is a force of nature. A power. A god.
>
> >    corporations wanting to sell me stuff and putting all their resources
> >    into convincing me to buy it, where I have been able to see through
> >    their ploys with only a moment's mental effort.

I don't see why you say superpersonal entities are not smart. Even having a
few people "put their heads together" creates an entity that is smarter and
more capable than any individual. Arguably, the most significant aspect of
human intelligence is that it allows effective scaling up through
communication between individuals. Collectively, the human race is a very
intelligent and powerful animal indeed.

--
Stathis Papaioannou