[ExI] [ACT] Dawn launch (loading the xenon)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Jun 14 05:43:39 UTC 2007

>>   Russell those are not hazmat suits, but rather standard spacecraft
>>  clean-room attire.  The issue is not protecting the humans from the
>>  spacecraft, but rather protecting the spacecraft from the humans.
>

>Ah! That makes sense, thanks.

I admit your question came from left field for me. Every spacecraft
clean room work involves wearing clean room attire like the bunny suit
in that picture. Even when it involves one piece of electronics, one
must wear attire like that to protect the components. Sample returns
from space missions have the same situation, one cannot contaminate
any aspect of the samples.

Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Associate Research Scientist, Planetary Science Institute (PSI), Tucson