[ExI] POST MORTAL chugging on

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Fri Jun 15 02:49:51 UTC 2007

> The serial sf novel with the serial killer, POST MORTAL SYNDROME, is
> now entering the home straight, with three more weeks to go.
>
> so if anyone gave up early out of frustration at the gappiness of the
> experience, now might be a time to have another look.
>
> Barbara and I would be interested to hear any reactions from
> extropes, favorable or un-. Is this an acceptable way to publish such
> a book?

The format doesn't give me any trouble.  I habitually read several books
at once, usually reading 10-20 pages of each in alternation in my hour
or two of nightly reading time.  The only (long) things I read straight
through are the daily newspaper, and technical papers.  When I travel
for an overnight trip, I take three books with me.  :-)

As to the story, I'm enjoying it.  The one complaint I have is the
schizophrenia.  Multiple personalities seems like a cheap trick for an
author to pull.  Gives you too many options.  But you haven't overplayed it.

Chris
--
Currently reading: Sunny Auyang, How is Quantum Field Theory
    Possible?; Thomas Sowell, Black Rednecks and White

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
Blog:   http://pancrit.org