[ExI] Happy Solstice!

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Fri Jun 22 09:52:43 UTC 2007

Happy Solstice Amara  :  )
...Something that I have wondered for many years...Does anyone know why
the Midsummer Solstice/Midwinter Solstice are called so, when (at least
in the UK) they're considered to be the _beginning_ of summer/winter?
 The Celts treated them as the middle of the seasons...Is this one of
those eccentric British things or is there genuine worldwide confusion?
Best,
AR