[ExI] Favorite ~H+ Movies

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 06:17:52 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky <sentience at pobox.com> wrote:

> No one did that except Xellos.  Certainly not Ms. Existential Risk.

Didn't she? I thought she reacted about as well as could have been. Of
course, she didn't blind herself with the magic deathseeking words
"Existential Risk". If she had, humanity in that universe would be extinct
right now.

Hey, y'know, you also have the option against zapping it off the list
> instead of stretching.  No law against changing your mind.

I'll change my mind and add Bleach to the list alongside Slayers.

There really aren't many characters in fiction, period, who actually
> react reasonably to the galactic superthreat of the month - who think
> anything like what like you or I would think in that situation.

Yeah. DuQuesne is the major one that comes to mind.

Lawrence Watt-Evans's characters are the only ones I can think of
> offhand who seem to go through anything like a rational reasoning process.
>
> Oh, and: Geneshaft.  It wasn't very good, but it seemed detectably
> transhumanist-themed

Okay, haven't read either of those.