[ExI] Favorite ~H+ Movies

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 13:17:42 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky <sentience at pobox.com> wrote:

> Geneshaft's an anime.  *Lots* of books more transhumanist than Geneshaft.

Ah! I hadn't heard of that, might look it up.

My girlfriend Erin would add "Ghost in the Shell" and she'd be dead
> right, come to think of it.

*nods* I've heard good things of that, on my to-watch list.

Another interesting one is .hack, which is a game and anime series in four
parts, each game comes with one episode. I played #1 which was okay, fun in
a quirky way, but got very repetitive towards the end, and I'm told it just
keeps going like that for the other three parts; and watched the first
episode of the anime which was very good, wanted more, would happily buy if
they'd stick all four episodes on a DVD for a reasonable price; but given
that the other three episodes only come one per game, I'm not paying 60 euro
an episode for it :P

Another one that comes to mind is Mai Otome. (Its sort-of prequel, Mai Hime,
is also very good, but with a different theme; I can't really grant it even
honorary transhumanistic relevance. I can still recommend it though.)