[ExI] Next moment, everything around you will probably change

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 15:29:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:08:21 -0400, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

>> Paradoxical if you insist that they **must be** the same person.
>
> What paradox?  As I mentioned to Stathis (I think), it hardly
> rises to the "paradoxical".  Two identical chess programs can
> also fight it out,  Fritz 9.1 vs. Fritz 9.1.  So what's new?

Consider that if identity is a function of the will, as I maintain, and if
such programs as Fritz may be said to have will, then during the game
Fritz-White's identity is quite different from Fritz-Black's. Each of the
two instances of Fritz has, at every step, a unique will and therefore a
unique identity.

-gts