[ExI] gay bomb again

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Sat Jun 23 20:12:45 UTC 2007

> This caused me to wonder about Gene's notion of finding a behavior modifying
> chemical that spans orders of magnitude in first effects to fatal toxicity
> ratio.  "Grass" smokings have always appeared to me as peaceful types, not
> wanting to "rumble" as do some devourers of alcohol.  Yet I have never heard
> of anyone perishing by overdosing "maryjane or "weed".  Can that happen?
> Anyone know?

I thought the authoritative position was that there isn't a lethal dose
of marijuana, but a bit of googling set me straight.  The ratio between
the effective dose and a lethal dose might be as high as 1:1,000,000.
(I also saw estimates of 1:20K and 1:40K.)  But it appears to be agreed
that there are zero cases on record of human deaths from overdosing on
marijuana.  The million-to-one ratio occurs in small rodents due to
profound central nervous system depression.

Chris
--
I think that, for babies, every day is first love in Paris. Every
wobbly step is skydiving, every game of hide and seek is Einstein

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
Blog:   http://pancrit.org