[ExI] Favorite ~H+ Movies

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 05:01:09 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Elaa Mohamad <emohamad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fight club: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/
> I know a lot of people will need a microscope to find H+ in it, but
> Tyler's dogma about the future of humanity is excellent! Also, the
> book gives a better look at the arguments behind the philosophy.

I was also going to mention Fight Club.  That one person was able to
create a movement and carry a (lofty) ideal to fruition is an
interesting thread for H+.

> I wonder why nobody mentioned The Matrix so far? Or did I miss it?

I started to, but couldn't express myself clearly enough to be at all
understood why I thought it should be a candidate.  I was thinking
along the lines of post-uploaded humanity being potentially parallel
to the simulation world.  Why have concern for the depressing state of
'reality' if a thoroughly immersive alternative is more pleasant?