[ExI] http://www.randommutation.com/

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Mon Jun 25 20:15:19 UTC 2007

I fed randommutation.com the following text:

> This is creepy, man. I ran the starting sentence through 4.6692016091
> by 1016 iterations on my honking iPhone, and it halted at
> GATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACA. That dang machine waddled away
> immediately and threw itself into the pool, swimming fast for the
> fence. I dived in and tried to save it with sheer human pluck, but it
> had drowned by the time I reached it. Can I sue this guy?

and it only took 200 iterations to produce this:

> T2iC Cs JrP-py5q an. l yan the svart9ng sgftnnce xVr5q4h
> Hv6V922Pqb9i,7y Tz,N iWJrat,oFs r9 EJ 3vniing9iPhrLRNzandIktlnalDed
> ad rATTA2AGATTACAGA08A2IGAYTvCA. Thdy da,g VacNv7D 0aqX9e7 aoay
> iMmWdintely aid th7efqitse5h-inKo 1he6ptol7nswiawi.O5Basu foo sqa
> funcFlRInKiveiLi5 amd Fsied 9oksav5 it pZth ohee4OWfvan plDcyh b-R 8V
> haEzdrownej by tse timcGCYye7ch7A itsPCaZ I B8H4Nhis gu6M

The last long word to die was "and".   Notice that the only surviving
words at this point are one or two letters long.  Do you think it's
trying to tell us something?

Chris
--
It is easy to turn an aquarium into fish soup, but not so
easy to turn fish soup back into an aquarium.

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
Blog:   http://pancrit.org