[ExI] more blatant self-promotion

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 17:46:39 UTC 2007

Fictionwise.com have just displayed a link to an e-book version of my
Dying Earth science fiction novel THE BLACK GRAIL:

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook47482.htm?cached

I think it's an entertaining read, although bracingly bleak in some
respects, and it's not without its posthuman aspects. (It's a heavily
revised and extended version of my first novel.)

Here's a plug:

"Among novels set in the far future of Earth there are some that are
placed near the very end, in the realm of the dying sun. These 'dying
sun' novels are neither science fiction nor fantasy but a hybrid form
that combines the strength of the two: science fantasy... Three
exemplary novels are The Dying Earth (1950) by Jack Vance, The Book
of the New Sun (1983), and The Black Grail (1986) by Damien
Broderick. Each brings a different perspective: Vance creates the
form, Wolfe pushes it to its fantasy edge, and Broderick drives it to
its science fiction limit."--Michael Andre-Driussi, New York Review
of Science Fiction

Damien Broderick