[ExI] What surveillance solution is best - Orwellian, David Brin's, or ...?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:00:45 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, Eugen Leitl wrote:
<snip>
> Most people have no idea what one can do with the hardware they thought
> they own just because they bought it. No idea...

Yea.
I often muse that one of the advantages of running on a five-year old
processor is that I would immediately notice if it started running
secret stuff in the background.

Apart from the visual indicator of cpu usage, it would just 'feel'
slower than normal.

On these new duo and quadro processors, your pc could running a whole
virtual world in the background without you noticing.......

BillK