[ExI] Minds, Personalities, and Love

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:46:22 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
> A deeper and seldom recognized aspect is that the above statement
> applies equally when the observer and the observed are the same
> person.

I had a question for this thread:

If a clone is made such that the subjective awareness of the cloning
process makes it impossible for either clone to know who is the copy,
how do they claim their identity?  I appreciate that there are
suddenly two people and that the clones immediately diverge in
experience due to (if nothing else) a difference in physical location.
 Each remembers the same history up to the point of cloning.  If
identity is the sum of experiences, are they a special case twins up
to the point where the divergence begins?