[ExI] Psi quantum observation experiment

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 29 06:05:42 UTC 2007

At 01:44 AM 6/29/2007 -0400, JKC wrote:

>About 5 years ago Leggett proposed an experiment
>that went beyond Bell, in the April 19 article in Nature Aspelmeyer
>performed Leggett's experiment. It showed that even if you assume
>non locality experimental results can not be explained.

It's abstracted at
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v446/n7138/abs/nature05677.html
and undermines classic realism as well as the explanatory utility of
nonlocality.

"Here we show by both theory and experiment that a broad and rather
reasonable class of such non-local realistic theories is incompatible
with experimentally observable quantum correlations. In the
experiment, we measure previously untested correlations between two
entangled photons, and show that these correlations violate an
inequality proposed by Leggett for non-local realistic theories. Our
result suggests that giving up the concept of locality is not
sufficient to be consistent with quantum experiments, unless certain
intuitive features of realism are abandoned."

So, John... in the context of Radin's experiment, your point is?

Damien Broderick