[extropy-chat] Metaphysical construct

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 15:15:35 UTC 2007

"The question remains in our universe of thoughts, why is there
>something rather than nothing?

Broderick's reply: "
Good dog in heat, I get so tired of this fake question. What makes
anyone suppose that "nothing" is the default physical or metaphysical
condition, or even an intelligible construct? Nobody has ever seen
"nothing", just the displacement of one something from here to there
or even out of sight, leaving behind another something. Get over it.
If the question is "why are there gradients rather than universal
smoothness?" there are answers available."
__________________

Hi, this metaphysical construct arises from a hungry mind {a
philosophical mind} due to interactive processes, an exchange of
information.

If Transhumanism is a philosophy, it is a thought bordering to a belief
of immortality/eternalism.  I'm not saying that thought of immortality
is right or wrong. Humans feel a need and a Transhumanist thinks this
belief can fulfill that need if so then it can slide into
dogmatism/fanaticism.

However if its not a religion, as some say, because it is open to
critical thinking and to scientific process of investigation why add
more thoughts or philosophy in its pursuit of immortality rather than
using the energy/funding to the advancement of science?

REgards,

Terry {Terry's Column in Zen Buddhism.org}

Message: 6