[extropy-chat] Boks On-line, was Re: Drexler laying down a hand...

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Mar 4 11:50:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 05:22:17PM -0500, Robert Bradbury wrote:

>    This statement clearly defines the problem.  You are seeking to use a
>    non-standard paper size.  Now, if you would consider using a standard

Of course it's a standard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DIN_standards
in fact it's even ISO 216: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A4_paper_size
and only a few usual recalcitrants (USA and Canada) which stick to the
Letter/Legal/Executive (bastardized in Canadia by rounding it to metric)
but I used it just as shorthand for size.

Letter would do just as well.

>    letter sized ( 8.5"x11") display you might have better luck.  I am
>    familiar with A4, it came up a lot when I worked in Russia.  But I

You will stumble across ISO 216 everywhere in the world as soon as
you leave US or Canada.

>    can't for the life of me conclude why anyone would want to work with
>    it on a daily basis.

I would prefer square substrates with power of two number of pixels,
but it's not suitable for people that well.