[extropy-chat] The Problem is nothing.

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 14:44:18 UTC 2007

    That statement is loaded with implications. What does it mean to a
nanotechnologist?

  If we are all forms of energy, what was there before energies in all
its forms start?

  The nature of our mind cannot imagine nothing as nothing. That I think
is the problem of our mind as energy in constant motion.

  To upload our mind, we use computers and hi-tech devices to solve the
problem for the time being that we are in spacetime. Julian Barbour, a
Brithish physicist, claimed spacetime does not exist inorder to
formulate the grand theory of everything or the Grand Unification
theory.

  In the scientific community that is a problem still unsolved today.
For some who think that they are gods living the life of humans, the
problem is nothing {meaning they can handle everything} or vice versa.

  To a Zen mind the problem is this thinking mind involved in spacetime
which does not exist except in our universe of quantum gravity and
relativity.

  Not to sound dogmatic, it seems we create our problem to solve nothing
for the expanding universe gets expanding indefinitely.

  Don't get me wrong, I'm for scientific discoveries and technological
advancement. I'd get bored if there's no problem.

 Terry

from AOL at AOL.com.