[extropy-chat] Random Energy/The Uncertainty Principle

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 22:52:55 UTC 2007

Just a thought "From the book about random thoughts/energy or "Are we
Hardwired to Think?" or something to that effect.

>"genes and environment are not opposing forces; heredity shapes how we
interpret our surroundings, which in turn changes the very structure of
our brain. Clearly we are not simply puppets of either influence.
Perhaps most interesting, the book suggests that the source of our
ability to choose, to act unexpectedly, may lie in the chaos principle:
the most minute differences during activation of a single neuron may
lead to utterly unpredictable actions. This masterful account of the
nature-nurture controversy -- at once provocative and informative --
answers some of our oldest questions in unexpected new ways".

In short how does nanotechnology predict the future? Its like the god
of technology desiring to be independent of nature/randomness/the
uncertainty principle.

Terry