[extropy-chat] the non-transparent society

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 07:13:19 UTC 2007

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> If Holliday were to film a similar scene of
> violence in France today, he could end up in
> prison as a result of the new law, said Pascal
> Cohet, a spokesman for French online civil
> liberties group Odebi. And anyone publishing such
> images could face up to five years in prison and
> a fine of €75,000 (US$98,537), potentially a
> harsher sentence than that for committing the
> violent act.

Whoa. So much for France's liberal image. Seems like
the only thing the left and right have in common these
days are the facist sentiments of their respective
power brokers.

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"Now what I contend is that my body is my own, at least I have always so regarded it. If I do harm through my experimenting with it, it is I who suffers, not the state." -Mark Twain