[extropy-chat] Controlled by a cat parasite

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 09:54:48 UTC 2007

--- Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

> Whoa!
>
> Instead of finding drugs to alter our moods, let's
> infect ourselves with
> toxoplasmosis instead! OK, maybe not.

> I wonder if those cultures that value boys beyond
> the normal sex ratio
> would take to this? Or maybe they already are? Or
> maybe the parasite
> is the result of practices already in place, now in
> a feedback loop?

I hope not. The world needs a lot of things right now
but a surplus of paranoid men is not one of them. ;)

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"Nature which governs the whole will soon change all things which thou seest, and out of their substance will make other things, and again other things from the substance of them, in order that the world may be ever new." -Marcus Aurelius, Philosopher and Emperor of Rome.