[extropy-chat] Mark Plus on Keith Henson

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Mon Mar 12 23:17:49 UTC 2007

I don't agree with Mark's rather pessimistic assessment of Keith's judgment.
It's hardly his fault if too few other people had the right ideas about space
colonization, or if certain weirdos like Timothy Leary succumbed to the
deathoid persuasions of people closer to him than Keith was.

Or is it Mark's point that one shouldn't put effort into risky projects, because
one may find eventually that one hasn't often succeeded?

History is so replete with so-called failures that only eventually really struck
it big, that it would be pointless for me to waste the time coming up with
examples already familiar to everone.

Lee