[extropy-chat] Research question: power supply for silicon-based neural prostheses

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 03:54:57 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Research question: power supply for silicon-
> based neural prostheses
>
> At 06:36 PM 3/12/2007 -0400, Ben wrote:
>
> >I think there is a watch somewhere that is powered by energy generated
> >by people swinging their arms back and forth...
>
> Ah, a brain chip powered by *nodding*!
>
> <nods>
>
> Damien Broderick

Or by chewing.  Back in the old days there were watches that wound their
springs by movement of the wrist, perhaps using a concentric weight on a
spindle.  If someone knows or can estimate the amount of power needed to run
a minimal processor and interface, I can calculate the amount of energy
likely to be generated by such motion with a device small enough to be
reasonably implanted.