[extropy-chat] Precognition on TV

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 15 22:31:14 UTC 2007

At 02:11 PM 3/15/2007 -0700, Jef Allbright wrote:

>On 3/15/07, Sondre Bjellås
><sondre.bjellas at intellifield.no> wrote: > I did
>not see that specific program, but seen a few
>others more local around here in
>Scandinavia. > > Is there people on this list
>that truly believe in precognition or other >
>extraordinary abilities?  There are to my
>knowledge, absolutely no > scientific research
>and tests that validates that any person have
>or > have had, any extraordinary abilities. If
>it where the case, we would > have to rewrite
>our understanding of the world and the universe.
>Rather than "rewrite", it would mean refining or
>updating, and that is always a *good* thing.
>That said, I agree with you that there is very
>little if any evidence for such effects. - Jef

I asked John Clark a little while back if he'd
list the major psi experiments that are faulty,
and the evidence against them. He declined on the
grounds that he wouldn't waste his time reading
such rubbish. I now pose the same question to Sondre and Jef.

(There is no lack of peer-reviewed papers
available on the web, in the midst of a deluge of
insane "psychic" and "astrological" crap. And of
course there was the May/McMoneagle remote
viewing exercise cited in that TV program,
repeated tomorrow night according to PJ, which I
assume nobody here watched because everyone knows
in advance that it's all MEGA BULLSHIT.)

Damien Broderick
[My book on recent psi research, OUTSIDE THE
GATES OF SCIENCE, will be published by Avalon in late May this year]