[extropy-chat] Defenestration

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Mar 17 11:41:30 UTC 2007

> I my lifetime South American countries went through dictators like changing
> underwear.

I grew up hearing the term "banana republic" - and right now it seems much of Africa
more fits that description than South America. But maybe it's just my news source!

The name of the game is Power. If these guys were "benevolent dictators" it might be
a bit different, but most are not. They remind me of two year olds crossed with
grammar school playground bullies - all armed with the latest highpower weapons.
Very distressing.

Regards,
MB