[extropy-chat] How to be copied into the future?

Charlie Stross charlie at antipope.org
Sun Mar 18 19:03:51 UTC 2007

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> Damien Broderick wrote:
>>>
>> Only if posthumans are godschmucked idiots will
>> they wish to retrieve Mother Teresa.
>
> That's going too far, Damien.  So she screwed up.  Well, she was young -
> under a century, in fact, practically an infant.

I don't think that wilfully withholding pain relief medication from
terminally ill patients on the grounds that suffering is "good for the
soul" should be dismissed as lightly as that.

>From any kind of extropian point of view, Teresa of Calcutta was a very
nasty piece of work indeed -- just one with much better PR than your
average grand inquisitor. She blighted many tens of thousands of lives,
and she seems to have done so for no other reason than her own ambition
to be immortalized in the pantheon of the Church of Rome.

-- Charlie