[extropy-chat] Precognition on TV

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 18 19:13:18 UTC 2007

At 07:43 PM 3/18/2007 +0100, Serafino wrote:

>it would be interesting
>if the subject would destroy (even partially)
>the usual interference (ie changing the phase
>of the amplitude in one wing, and not
>in the other).

Dr. Evan Harris Walker and others did something along these lines,
trying (as I recall) to modify interference fringes; there are
disputes in the literature over the outcome, but I'm inclined to
think that no such effect was seen. But of course many machines
devised by Dr. Helmut Schmidt to test psychokinesis operate directly
at the quantum level, since the decay rates of isotopes are modified
slightly up or down, and this has been achieved retrocausally as
well. (Don't hit me, I'm just the reporter.)

Damien Broderick