[extropy-chat] How to be copied into the future?

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Mon Mar 19 12:59:00 UTC 2007

Robert Bradbury wrote:
> On 3/19/07, Anders Sandberg <asa at nada.kth.se> wrote:
> [snip]
>> The scanning part is somewhat iffy, since it is not clear to me how to
>> scan an
>> entire synapse from a nanometer wormhole end (gamma ray radar?), but
>> lets
>> leave that handwaving.
>
> Sigh.

I know, I really should start to think of how to do gamma ray diffraction
from inside a synapse, the necessary energy output to get a decent signal
to noise ratio, as well as calculate how many megatons of energy this
uploading approach is going to release. (Talk about going to the future in
style! Leaving by a CTC inside a nuclear/gravitic fireball!)

But before we know how to upload well, I think uploading by wormhole will
remain an area where the handwaving frequency reaches the ultrasonic
range.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics