[extropy-chat] limits of computer feeling

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 20:59:09 UTC 2007

> By "more fundamental", I'm alluding to description of processes all the
> way
> down to the level of information, but I suspect we already agree on
> this as well.

The evolutionary interpretation of epistemology (which I accept as
axiomatic) can be seen as having Lamarckian aspects. If all of evolution
is contiguous (which I also accept as axiomatic) then it can be argued
that evolution is best defined in a manner more abstract than considered
either by Darwin or Lamarck. As you say, Jef, evolution alludes to
"processes all the way down to the level of information."

-gts