[ExI] Introduction to the Philosophy of Liberty

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed May 2 20:14:05 UTC 2007

Twenty years ago during my more active philosophy days, I found in my
philosophy circles what was then an unusual little comic book called:
"The Adventures of Jonathan Gullible: Amidst Vultures, Beggars, Con Men
and Kings" by Ken Schoolland.

I bought it, read it, and told myself that I would use it in the future
to help teach my kids some of my own philosophy, and so I settled it
in good company next to my other comic books on my bookshelf and forgot
about it.

After following a very random thought today, I checked in on the ISIL
website news, and encountered this simple, charming animation "Introduction
to the Philosophy of Liberty", written by, yes, the same Ken Schoolland.

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.html
Ten minutes Flash Animation.

Many basic principles, such as self-ownershop, as seen in this animation,
are at the root of transhumanist thought. I appreciated how they
carefully constructed the philosophical principles, building block by
building block (as they should ... :-) ).

Enjoy,

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
INAF Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA