[ExI] The void left by deleting religion

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat May 5 03:37:24 UTC 2007

Ja, I see your point.  The place and time I described has a delightfully
wholesome retro-ness about it, even today.  I go back for class reunions
occasionally and to see my old roommate.  He went on to get a PhD in
electrical engineering from Purdue, returned to our old school, teaches
there to this day.

I am always happy to see old friends, but it is never the same.  Some of
those old friends live in the neighborhood here; we get together often.
Tomorrow in fact, with four couples from those days, with them I shall be.
But that isn't the same either.  Without the belief, the endorphin rush
isn't there, for me anyway.  I will ask how it is for them.  Some still
believe.

Religion is a drug.  It can be addictive.  How well I know this feeling and
the feeling of giving it up.

That being said, the extro-schmoozes are a total blast: very cool
discussions there happen.  Too bad we don't have anything analogous to
Friday evenings at old Walla Walla College.