[ExI] Avoiding Coarseness in our Dialogs

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Sat May 5 05:36:35 UTC 2007

Hi Lee,
I believe you may be misjudging awareness here...
 I spend most of my life dealing with the mental problems of such kids
as are
 spoken of below  [and their parents]. Having it in your face all the
time can
 get a bit  much even when you think you're making a difference. When it
does,
 I go online and have a laugh with friends. It charges my batteries to
face another
 round of reality.
I realise it could look entirely facile to those who don't know me, and
I'm familiar
with the exasperation when people seem to laugh an issue off that seems
to me
of great importance. But the joy of humor is one of the parts of being
human that
 gives some people  strength and inspiration enough to keep working on
the less
 pleasant bits  :  )
 ...So let's hear it for the giggles...and the rap...and the serious
stuff that
 the things we enjoy keep us balanced enough to face.
 Best,
 AR
 ********

Lee Corbin wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, have a good laugh!  Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Laughter is the best medicine.

It also helps you avoid *real* problems, making it conveniently unnecessary
to ignore reports like BillK's where he wrote on 5/3, 9:34 AM

 > I can only speak for the UK, but the constant use of swearing in their
 > [teenagers'] normal conversation is very prevalent. You only need to
 > walk around the mall, or listen on public transport,  whenever a group
 > get together. They don't think of it as swearing, it is just normal for
 > them. When they get angry, and want to swear, they run into problems
 > communicating their displeasure because they haven't got any
 > 'forbidden' words left to use. So violence is the easy way of
 > expressing anger.

Tut tut, BillK, you just gotta learn to laugh!  Moreover, let Randall
clue you into some really great Rap, and soon you can be singin'
and dancin' away at just how da whores oughtta be cut up and fucked.
(I, certainly, dare not replace the latter with "------", after all, to
avoid
shocking certain sensitive types.)

Lee